The methods in
AbstractTextSearchResult related to mapping matches to files and editors have been moved to two
findContainedMatches(...) methods have been renamed to
order to better express the fact that they might be non-trivial.
AbstractTextSearchResult now has two new methods
getEditorMatchAdapter to get adapter objects. The default implementation
of these methods is to return null.
Clients who have empty implementations of either set of methods can just delete the
methods. Clients who had meaningful implementations can implement the interfaces
this from the new getter methods. Note that the
methods have a new parameter
The attribute "targetClass" of extension point "org.eclipse.search.searchResultViewPages" has been renamed to "searchResultClass".
AbstractTextSearchResultPagenow can decide if they want to support flat list and/or tree layout by passing the appropriate flags (
FLAG_LAYOUT_FLAT, FLAG_LAYOUT_TREE) to the super constructor. Methods dealing with flat vs. tree layout have been changed to use the flags instead of a boolean now, for example
- bug fixing
- Added a new interface IReplacePage. If an ISearchPage implements IReplacePage, a "Replace" button will be shown in the search dialog (when the page is active). The text search page implements that interface. - Extended the text replace dialog to support "Replace in File" and "Replace All" actions.
- Converted to RPC
- A new preference has been introduced which allows to prevent the Search view from being activated. - Search annotations can be configured to be highlighted using background painter
- 1 bug fixed
- Added F1 help for File search page's regular expression support
- File Search page now supports regular expressions - 1 bug fixed========== Eclipse Build Input September 9th 2003 ==========
- Added a new attribute "canSearchEnclosingProjects" to the extension point "org.eclipse.search.searchPages". If the attribute is set to true, the search dialog scope area will have a new radio button labeled "Enclosing Projects". Search page contributors whishing to support search in projects enclosing the current selection have to set this attribute to true and handle the new search scope constant org.eclipse.search.ui.ISearchPageContainer.SELECTED_PROJECTS_SCOPE. The file search page supports search in enclosing projects. - Improved project scope