- TM 3.0 requires Eclipse 3.3 or later for the SSH component.
Other components may work with earlier Eclipse versions, but these have not been tested.
Platform Runtime is the minimum requirement for core RSE and Terminal.
Discovery needs EMF, and the RemoteCDT integration needs CDT.
Building the RSE SSH service requires Eclipse 3.4 or later for the fix
of bug 224799;
the fix also requires 3.4 at runtime, but the code contains a backward
compatibility fallback to also run on Eclipse 3.3 if that particular fix
is not required.
- Important Bug Fixes, Enhancements and API changes:
- The RSE User Actions framework is available as a new downloadable package
- The RAPI Library and Windows CE Subsystem is available as a new downloadable
package in Incubation status. Thanks to Radoslav Gerganov for contributing this new
- Tgz and tar.gz files are now supported by the DSore and Local archive handlers.
Thanks to Johnson Ma for contributing this new functionality
- The optional terminal input line is now resizeable
- Performance: Fewer plugins are now activated when RSE starts up, because the
code that loads UI Adapters for the core services being used now loads those
adapters more lazily. For some extenders of RSE, this might mean that they need
to manually provide for loading their adapters when needed. For details, see the
final comments on bug
- API: Streamed remote shell and Terminal access is now supported by API.
IAdaptable is used to convert the old API into the new one. This
will enable RSE Terminal integrations, and provide better performance and
consumability. At the same time, the RSE Services was cleaned up and made
IAdaptable in general
- API: RSE Early Startup and initialization behavior was improved. The
extension point was added for clients to register code that needs to be executed
when the RSE Model is initialized. For clients, new API was added to
in order to
when initialization is complete, or to
until initialization completes a given phase, or to get
when initialization passes a given phase
- API: RSE SystemMessages can now be constructed more easily with the new
Contents of these messages typically comes from
standard Eclipse NLS property files, rather than the RSE-specific monolithic
systemmessages.xml file. At the same time, messages have been refactored into
non-UI plugins where possible, or the correct feature-specific plugins. This
accounts for better modularity and Platform integration;
but it also means breaking API changes where clients had re-used RSE messages
for themselves. Such re-use is now no longer supported
- API: RSE MOVE and COPY Events now also contain source and destination objects,
such that listeners can update data associated with moved remote objects
- API: Added API to support running the dstore server in multi-threaded mode,
where many clients can share a single remote process to save resources
- API: The TerminalConnectorProxy class was removed, and replaced by
IAdaptable mechanism to get a concrete connector instance. This
allows to programmatically create connections when a concrete connector instance
is known, and will be further enhanced in the future
- API: RSE FTP Listing Parsers can now contribute custom commands to send on
connect. This enables connecting IBM System/i (OS400) FTP in IFS mode
- At least 100 bugs were fixed: Use
this query to show the list of bugs fixed since
- For details on checkins, see
TM SearchCVS, the
RSE CVS changelog, and the
TM Core CVS changelog.
- For other questions, please check the
TM and RSE FAQ
as well as the
TM 3.0 Known Issues and Workarounds.